The Licensing period of the CLA Education Licence runs from the 1st of August to the 31st of July.
About six weeks before the Licence renewal date (around the middle of June) you will receive an email from our Customer Services Team to inform you that the CLA Education Licence is due for renewal and a request to check figures that will be used for the forthcoming fee calculation.
The email will let you know:
- the period the Licence is being renewed for
- the rates that will be used to calculate the Licence fee for the renewal period
- the figures that we used for your previous invoice and estimated quote based
- a request to check if the figures are still correct or provide us with updated figures.
Please note: We will ask for backdated figures, usually two years backdated, although we will accept one-year backdated figures. We don’t need to know student figures for the current academic year.
- Guidance on which students should be included (or not) when you check the figures
- Guidance on what you need to do next
What do you need to do when you have received the renewal email?
- We ask you to review the data in the email, and where necessary contact CLA to amend it. If you need to make changes, we will send you a new quote to confirm the amount we will invoice you for.
- We are happy to add Purchase Order Numbers to your invoice if this is needed to process payment. If this is the case, please let us of the Purchase Order Number as soon as possible so we can make sure that this is on the invoice when it is generated, but we can issue invoices without a Purchase Order Number. We can also add the Purchase Order Number at later date and reissue the invoice. Please note that Purchase Order Numbers are used solely for administration purposes and are for reference only.
- If you would like to make any changes, please let us know by the 31st of July. We will then update our system and send you a revised quotation. Even if you don’t need to make any changes, it is always nice to hear from you to confirm the renewal.
What happens if you don’t reply to our email?
As per the terms and conditions, the CLA Education Licence is an annual rolling licence. This means that if we don’t hear from you by the 31st of July, either with updated figures or to confirm, we will automatically renew the Licence, based on the figures that we have on our system from the last renewal and issue an invoice. We may not be able to accept changes at a later date and any requests are dealt with at the discretion of the Customer Services Team.
When can you expect to receive an invoice?
We can issue the invoice for the renewal in early August, and we aim to get this to you in the first couple of weeks in August. Because of the rolling nature of the CLA Education Licence and the 1st of August start date, your licence cover will not lapse even if you receive the invoice a little later, so please don’t worry.
What about the Licence certificate?
We no longer automatically issue CLA Licence certificates. Our Customer Services Team are able to issue manual Licence certificates on request after payment has been received. If you would like to display something in your library, you can download the Copyright Notice from on the CLA support material section on our website.
Thank you for renewing the CLA Education Licence!
We would like to say a huge thank you to you for renewing the CLA Education Licence. CLA licences and the fees you pay help to support creators and the creative industries and help writers and artists to continue to produce the work that we all benefit from.
And the benefits don’t stop there. Buying a CLA licence for your organisation is likely to save you time and money, ease your workflow when creating student provisions and, importantly, reduce the risk of copyright infringement happening at work.
If you have any further questions about your CLA Education Licence renewal, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org